The American University Eagles (6-22, 3-14 Pat) and Bucknell Bison (21-9, 15-2 Pat) will square off at Bender Arena to wrap up the regular season. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Bucknell Bison vs. American University Eagles ATS Preview
In the Bisons last game, they easily got past the Navy Midshipmen, 85-61. Stephen Brown was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Bucknell played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.278 (below their season average of 0.299) and a turnover percentage of 15.9 (worse than their season average of 15.4). Navy was 0.143 and 21.8, respectively, for those same stats.
The Eagles are hoping for a better outcome after their 70-64 loss to the Holy Cross Crusaders in their last outing. With 11 points and eight assists, American University’s Sa’eed Nelson played well. Holy Cross did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (16-20; 80.0 percent). American University, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (19.5 vs. 19.8).
It will be a battle of conflicting styles as the up-tempo Bison (ranked 32nd in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Eagles (304th in possessions per game).
These teams have already met once this season. The Bison won 84-55. The Bison dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.625 and a great free throw rate of 0.250. The Eagles were 0.395 and 0.175, respectively, for those same stats. Nana Foulland put up a double-double in the victory with 26 points and 11 rebounds.
Bucknell Bison vs. American University Eagles Free Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – American University, ATS Winner – American University, O/U – Over
- The Eagles are 12th in the nation with 17.3 three pointers allowed per game while the Bison are 48th with 19.6 three pointers allowed per game.
- Bucknell ranks 115th in assists per game (14.2) while American University ranks 151st in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- Bucknell ranks 89th in rebounds per game (36.9) while American University ranks 293rd (28.9).
- The Eagles rank 42nd in steals per game (7.5) while the Bison rank 174th (5.7).
- Bucknell ranks 45th in blocks per game (4.3) while American University ranks 129th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Eagles average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 8.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 80.2 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (6.8 below their season average).