The No. 9 North Carolina Tar Heels (1-0) welcome the Bucknell Bison (0-2) in a matchup that pits phenomenal offense against superb defense. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Bucknell Bison vs. North Carolina Tar Heels ATS Preview
The Bison got blown out by the Arkansas Razorbacks in their last matchup, 101-73. Zach Thomas had a solid performance for Bucknell, leading the team in scoring with 24 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Arkansas out-rebounded Bucknell. The Razorbacks had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. 10), defensive rebounds (25 vs. 15) and total rebounds (41 vs. 25).
In the Tar Heels last matchup, they topped the UNI Panthers, 86-69. North Carolina was lifted by Luke Maye, who was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 11-for-16 shooting. North Carolina played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 8.9 and a free throw rate of 0.290. For those same stats, UNI was 18.5 and 0.182, respectively.
This matchup pits one of the NCAAs top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Dating back to last season, North Carolina ranks 11th in offensive efficiency and Bucknell ranks 60th in defensive efficiency. Also, the Bison, who rank 275th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 percent), might struggle to get second chance points against the Tar Heels, who rank 21st in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent).
Bucknell Bison vs. North Carolina Tar Heels Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucknell, ATS Winner – Bucknell, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bison rank 96th in blocks allowed per game (3.1) while the Tar Heels rank 246th (4.3).
- North Carolina ranks fourth in assists per game (18.1) while Bucknell ranks 90th (14.6).
- Bucknell ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while North Carolina ranks 273rd (23.6).
- The Tar Heels rank first in rebounds per game (43.6) while the Bison rank 238th (34.1).
- North Carolina ranks 60th in steals per game (7.1) while Bucknell ranks 232nd in steals allowed per game (7.0).