The undefeated Maryland Terrapins (3-0) try to continue their impressive start when they go head-to-head against the winless Bucknell Bison (0-3) at Xfinity Center. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Bucknell Bison at Maryland Terrapins Betting Preview
In the Bisons last matchup, they were beaten by the No. 9 North Carolina Tar Heels, 93-81. With 21 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Zach Thomas was the games high scorer. North Carolina had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (43.2 vs. 18.4). Bucknell, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.548 vs. 0.515).
The Terrapins come in on a high note after beating the Butler Bulldogs in their last contest, 79-65. Maryland was lifted by Anthony Cowan, who was the games high scorer with 25 points on 5-for-8 shooting. Maryland played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.340 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.670. For those same stats, Butler was 0.164 and 0.403, respectively.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, this appears to be a balanced contest. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Bucknell offense ranks 22nd in the NCAA in that metric at 0.552, while the Maryland defense ranks 29th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.465).
Bucknell Bison at Maryland Terrapins Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Maryland, ATS Winner – Maryland, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Terrapins rank 28th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while the Bison rank 79th (12.2).
- Bucknell ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while Maryland ranks 70th (19.3).
- Maryland ranks 155th in rebounds per game (36.1) while Bucknell ranks 257th (33.9).
- The Terrapins rank 151st in steals allowed per game (6.2) while the Bison rank 237th (7.0).
- Maryland averages 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 38th in the NCAA. Bucknell ranks 113th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).