The Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0) welcome the Bucknell Bison (0-1) in a matchup that pits phenomenal offense against exceptional defense. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Bucknell Bison vs. Arkansas Razorbacks Odds Preview
The last time the Bison played, they lost a tough one against the Monmouth Hawks, 79-78. With 31 points on 12-for-23 shooting, Zach Thomas was the top scorer from either team. Monmouth did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (24-30; 80.0 percent). Bucknell, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (9.8 vs. 16.8).
The Razorbacks come in on a high note after blowing out the Samford Bulldogs in their last contest, 95-56. With 16 points on 5-for-9 shooting, Daryl Macon was the top scorer from either team. Arkansas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.222 and a turnover percentage of 13.1. For those same stats, Samford had marks of 0.131 and 21.9, respectively.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of Arkansas takes on the top-notch defense of Bucknell. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Razorbacks rank 51st in offensive efficiency, while the Bison are 44th in defensive efficiency.
Since last season, the Bison are 26-9 straight up (SU) and 8-1 against the spread (ATS). Bucknell games have had a tendency to go over the projected point total since last season (66.7 percent).
Meanwhile, the Razorbacks, are 26-9 SU and 20-15 ATS since last season. A little over half of Arkansas’ games have finished under the projected point total over that same stretch.
Bucknell Bison at Arkansas Razorbacks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arkansas, ATS Winner – Bucknell, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Razorbacks rank 30th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Bison rank 98th (3.8).
- Bucknell ranks 90th in assists per game (14.6) while Arkansas ranks 108th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- Arkansas averages 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 30th in the nation. Bucknell ranks 241st in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Bison rank 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (17.9) while the Razorbacks rank 216th (22.2).
- Bucknell ranks 96th in rebounds allowed per game (33.7) while Arkansas ranks 227th (36.5).