The Bryant Bulldogs (10-9, 2-4 NEC) will be at Knott Arena to square off against the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (8-11, 4-2 NEC) in a NEC matchup. Action begins at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN 3.
Bryant Bulldogs at Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers ATS Odds
Both teams dismantled their last opponent. The Mountaineers defeated the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers 59-39, while the Bulldogs beat the Wagner Seahawks 79-58.
Bryant dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.175) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.604 (above their season average of 0.494). Wagner was 0.132 and 0.360, respectively, for those same stats. Mount St. Mary’s, meanwhile, dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.396 (above their season average of 0.209) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.417 (below their season average of 0.454). St. Francis Brooklyn was 0.136 and 0.263, respectively, for those same stats. Nana Opoku had a solid performance for Mount St. Mary’s, recording 17 points and 10 rebounds. Bryant, meanwhile, was led by Adam Grant, who recorded 21 points.
In their first matchup this year, Malik Jefferson led the Mountaineers to a 67-65 victory. He produced 15 points and nine rebounds. The Mountaineers’ 12.2 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bulldogs, who had a rate of 18.1.
Bryant could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they battle against one of the worst offenses in the nation. The Bulldogs currently rank 40th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.453), while Mount St. Mary’s is 332nd in effective field goal percentage (0.452).
Bryant vs. Mount St. Mary’s ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, ATS Winner – Mount St. Mary’s, O/U – Under
- Bryant ranks 76th in assists per game (14.3) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 231st (10.7).
- The Bulldogs rank 10th in three pointers attempted per game (29.1) while the Mountaineers rank 148th (22.2).
- Bryant ranks 35th in blocks per game (4.6) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 105th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Mountaineers rank 100th in rebounds per game (37.2) while the Bulldogs rank 251st in rebounds allowed per game (39.5).
- Bryant ranks 43rd in steals per game (8.1) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 181st (5.4).
- During their last five games, the Mountaineers have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (5.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 58.6 points per game (5.7 below their season average).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Bryant has defeated opponents by an average of 3.9 points.