The Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (2-24, 1-12 NEC) welcome the Bryant Bulldogs (12-13, 4-8 NEC) to William H. Detrick Gymnasium. The Bulldogs can snap a six-game road losing streak. The game begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Bryant Bulldogs at Central Connecticut State Blue Devils ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Blue Devils fell to the LIU Sharks, 90-74, while the Bulldogs were defeated by the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 74-65.
Bryant held Sacred Heart to an effective field goal percentage of 0.408 (below their season average of 0.501) while Central Connecticut State held LIU to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.8 (below their season average of 22.8). Jamir Reed had a good outing for Central Connecticut State, finishing with 21 points and eight rebounds. Michael Green III fueled Bryant with 22 points.
In their first matchup this season, Juan Cardenas led the Bulldogs to a 64-60 win. He produced nine points and 10 rebounds. Bryant’s 0.200 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Central Connecticut State, who had a rate of 0.031.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Bryant should have a substantial edge. The Bulldogs defense ranks 42nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.458), while the Central Connecticut State offense is ranked 344th in effective field goal percentage (0.448).
Bryant vs. Central Connecticut State ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Bryant, ATS Winner – Central Connecticut State, O/U – Over
- Bryant ranks 28th in rebounds per game (39.5) while Central Connecticut State ranks 289th in rebounds allowed per game (41.0).
- The Bulldogs average 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 36th in the nation. The Blue Devils rank 162nd in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Bryant ranks 70th in steals per game (7.2) while Central Connecticut State ranks 181st in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Bulldogs rank 18th in three pointers attempted per game (27.5) while the Blue Devils rank 247th (18.4).
- Bryant ranks 89th in assists per game (14.0) while Central Connecticut State ranks 253rd (10.2).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 64.0 points per game (6.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (0.4 below their season average).
- The Blue Devils’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 15.9 for the season.