Ivy foes will collide when the Yale Bulldogs (7-9) clash with the Brown Bears (7-6) at John J. Lee Amphitheater. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 153 points with Yale set as an 8-point favorite. Action gets underway at 5:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Brown Bears vs. Yale Bulldogs Free Preview
The Bears edged the NJIT Highlanders in their last contest, 70-69. With 13 points and five rebounds, Desmond Cambridge had a good game for Brown. The Bears had a better free throw rate (0.218 vs. 0.138) and held the Highlanders to an effective field goal percentage of 0.462 (below the 0.528 mark opponents have averaged against Brown this season).
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they were defeated by the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 74-60. Miye Oni was Yale’s high scorer with 14 points on 6-for-14 shooting. One of Georgia Tech’s biggest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They made 28 trips to the line, while Yale went just 12 times.
The upper-echelon offense of Yale will square off against the porous defense of Brown. The Bulldogs currently rank 45th in effective field goal percentage (0.554), while the Bears are 264th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.522). The Bulldogs should have the advantage on that end of the court.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Bulldogs won both meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Yale won 85-75. Yale did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (30-36; 83.3 percent). Brown, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.3 vs. 16.7).
Brown Bears at Yale Bulldogs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Yale, ATS Winner – Yale, O/U – Over
- The Bears rank 108th in steals per game (6.4) while the Bulldogs rank 139th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Yale ranks 10th in assists per game (18.4) while Brown ranks 141st (13.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Bears rank 148th (4.7).
- Yale ranks 40th in three pointers attempted per game (26.0) while Brown ranks 115th (22.8).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 8.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Yale has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 78.8 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.0 points per game (0.4 above their season average).