The Brown Bears (11-8, 4-2 Ivy) travel to Palestra to challenge the Penn Quakers (12-7, 4-2 Ivy). The Bears will try to end a six-game road losing streak. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Brown Bears at Penn Quakers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Quakers defeated the Cornell Big Red 79-73, while the Bears edged the Harvard Crimson 72-71.
Brown was successful at getting and making free throws. The Bears made 28 of their 32 free throws (87.5 percent), while the Crimson were just 12-18 (66.7 percent). Meanwhile, Penn’s 0.232 free throw rate was their largest strength over Cornell, who had a mark of 0.131. The Quakers’ mark was above their season average of 0.174, while the Big Red’s was below their season average of 0.187. AJ Brodeur had a good outing for Penn, putting up 10 points, nine rebounds and eight assists. Meanwhile, Brown was led by Brandon Anderson, who finished with 22 points.
The Quakers dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent matchup, Penn won 58-51. The Quakers’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Bears. Penn had a rate of 16.1, while Brown posted a mark of 28.3. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Penn appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Quakers rank 49th in effective field goal percentage (0.531), while Brown ranks 168th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.488).
Brown vs. Penn Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Penn, ATS Winner – Penn, O/U – Over
- Brown averages 39.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 31st in the country. Penn ranks 239th in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- The Bears rank 34th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Quakers rank 106th (3.3).
- Brown averages 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 121st in the nation. Penn ranks 174th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Quakers rank 35th in assists per game (15.2) while the Bears rank 170th (12.7).
- Penn ranks 36th in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while Brown ranks 145th (22.2).
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (2.5 below their season average).
- The Quakers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 3.2 for the season.