The Marist Red Foxes (5-5) will be at home in the McCann Center when they meet the Brown Bears (7-4). Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Brown Bears vs. Marist Red Foxes Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Red Foxes were beaten by the Army West Point Black Knights, 73-69, while the Bears lost a tough one against the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds, 83-81.
Brown had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.554 vs. 0.433) while Marist had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.0 vs. 18.2). Brian Parker had a good game for Marist, putting up 25 points and 10 rebounds. Brown, meanwhile, was led by Tamenang Choh, who recorded nine points, 12 rebounds and six assists.
The Bears won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 90-69. The Bears’ 8.6 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Red Foxes, who had a mark of 19.5. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Marist might have trouble putting up points as they clash against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Brown currently ranks 53rd in defensive efficiency, while the Red Foxes rank 238th in offensive efficiency.
Brown at Marist Free Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Marist, ATS Winner – Marist, O/U – Under
- Brown ranks 45th in rebounds per game (39.4) while Marist ranks 212th (32.6).
- The Bears rank 33rd in assists allowed per game (10.5) while the Red Foxes rank 150th (14.1).
- Marist ranks 31st in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Brown ranks 125th (7.0).
- The Bears rank 24th in blocks per game (5.0) while the Red Foxes rank 180th (1.3).
- Brown averages 24.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 89th in the NCAA. Marist ranks 237th in three pointers allowed per game (26.8).
- The Bears’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, down from 6.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Red Foxes have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.4 points per game (5.0 above their season average).