The Brown Bears (12-9, 5-3 Ivy) will be at Francis S. Levien Gymnasium to challenge the Columbia Lions (6-18, 1-7 Ivy) in an Ivy matchup. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Brown Bears at Columbia Lions Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Lions fell to the Harvard Crimson, 77-73, while the Bears got blown out by the Princeton Tigers, 73-54.
Brown held Princeton to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.8 (below their season average of 27.5) while Columbia had a better turnover percentage (10.7 vs. 14.1). Mike Smith had a solid outing for Columbia with 38 points. Zach Hunsaker had a good outing for Brown, contributing 12 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Tamenang Choh led the Bears to a 72-66 victory. He notched a double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds. One of Brown’s biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 27 free throw attempts, while Columbia had just nine.
Brown might struggle to create turnovers. Columbia ranks 42nd in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while Brown forces the 159th-most turnovers (19.6 percent). Furthermore, the Bears rank 33rd in offensive rebounding percentage (33.4 percent), while the Lions rank 42nd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.5 percent).
Brown Bears vs. Columbia Lions Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Columbia, ATS Winner – Columbia, O/U – Over
- Brown ranks 35th in rebounds per game (39.0) while Columbia ranks 252nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.9).
- The Lions average 5.5 steals per game, which ranks 185th in the nation. The Bears rank 213th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- The Bears average 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 37th in the nation. The Lions rank 162nd in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Brown averages 21.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 153rd in the country. Columbia ranks 185th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- The Lions’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (2.3 below their season average).