The Utah Jazz (7-3), the league’s top scoring defense and 6.5-point favorites, will clash against the Brooklyn Nets (4-5) at Vivint Smart Home Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 217 points and it begins at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Utah Jazz ATS Odds
The Jazz defeated the Golden State Warriors in their last outing, 122-108, comfortably covering as 2-point favorites. The Nets, on the other hand, were thoroughly outplayed by the Phoenix Suns, 138-112, and failed to cover as 3-point underdogs. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Utah game finished 12.5 points over the projected point total of 217.5, while the Brooklyn game finished 19 points over the projected point total of 231.
The Jazz made 26 of their 32 free throws (81.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.593 (above their season average of 0.524). Brooklyn, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (16-17; 94.1 percent). Rudy Gobert had a good game for Utah, putting up 25 points and 14 rebounds. Meanwhile, DeAndre Jordan was a key piece for Brooklyn with 16 points and 12 rebounds.
The Jazz dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent matchup, Utah won 114-98. Utah out-rebounded Brooklyn. The Jazz had more offensive rebounds (15 vs. 8), defensive rebounds (50 vs. 36) and total rebounds (65 vs. 44).
Games involving the Nets have typically gone over the projected point total (55.6 percent). Brooklyn comes into the contest with records of 4-5 straight up (SU) and 3-6 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Brooklyn, games including the Jazz have typically gone under the O/U total (88.9 percent). Utah has an outstanding 7-3 SU record, but they have difficulty covering the spread (3-6 ATS).
Second-chance points could be scarce for Utah in this meeting. Dating back to last season, the Jazz rank 28th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.4 percent), while Brooklyn ranks fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (76.4 percent). It will also be a matchup of opposite paces as the fast-breaking Nets rank second in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Jazz rank 29th.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Utah Jazz Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Jazz rank second in fast break points allowed per game (11.3) while the Nets rank 12th (11.9).
- Brooklyn ranks second in points in the paint per game (49.3) while Utah ranks 28th (48.9).
- The Jazz rank eighth in steals allowed per game (8.4) while the Nets rank 27th (8.0).
- Brooklyn ranks second in rebounds per game (46.5) while Utah ranks 21st (46.1).
- Brooklyn ranks 15th in points off turnovers per game (15.7) while Utah ranks 25th (16.4).
- The Nets rank fourth in second chance points per game (13.9) while the Jazz rank 28th (12.7).
- The Jazz rank third in blocks allowed per game (4.7) while the Nets rank 18th (5.4).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (21.0) while Brooklyn ranks ninth (23.8).
- Brooklyn ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (36.0) while Utah ranks 25th (33.6).
- Brooklyn is 13-1 when they allow less than 100 points, while Utah is 27-5.
- The Nets are 46-37 when they reach 100 points, while the Jazz are 55-22.