The Brooklyn Nets (39-40) will try to slow down the Milwaukee Bucks (59-20) at Fiserv Forum. The game will air on NBATV at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 6, 2019.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Odds
The Bucks were victorious over the Philadelphia 76ers in their last contest, 128-122, covering as 4-point favorites. The Nets, meanwhile, were defeated by the Toronto Raptors, 115-105, and failed to cover as 2.5-point underdogs. The Milwaukee game finished 18.5 points over the projected point total of 231.5, while the Brooklyn game went 8.5 points under the projected point total of 228.5.
Milwaukee played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.344 (above their season average of 0.195) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.0 (below their season average of 20.9). For those same stats, Philadelphia was 0.147 and 8.7, respectively. Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.151 vs. 0.114). Giannis Antetokounmpo fueled Milwaukee with 45 points, 13 rebounds and six assists. Meanwhile, Brooklyn was led by D’Angelo Russell, who put up 27 points, seven rebounds and six assists.
The Bucks have won all three contests against the Nets this year. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 252 points, well over the projected point total of 230. Milwaukee won 131-121, covering as a 1-point underdog. The Bucks’ 11.6 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Nets, who had a rate of 17.4. In the victory, Eric Bledsoe led all scorers with 29 points.
Of the Nets’ 79 games, 39 have finished over the total. Brooklyn comes into the contest with records of 39-40 straight up (SU) and 42-37 against the spread (ATS).
Games featuring the Bucks have a slight tendency to finish under the total (50.6 percent). Additionally, Milwaukee owns records of 59-20 SU and 47-29-3 ATS.
The Nets’ Russell has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 26 points,8.4 assists,5.6 rebounds,1.8 steals per game. Meanwhile, Sterling Brown has averaged 15 points,5.4 rebounds during that same time frame for the Bucks.
Milwaukee should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Bucks rank third in offensive efficiency, while Brooklyn ranks 14th in defensive efficiency.
Nets at Bucks Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (10.7) while the Nets rank third (11.7).
- Milwaukee ranks second in blocks per game (6.0) while Brooklyn ranks 27th (4.2).
- The Bucks average 49.6 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the league. The Nets rank 25th in rebounds allowed per game (46.3).
- Milwaukee ranks second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.4) while Brooklyn ranks 23rd (17.5).
- Milwaukee ranks third in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Brooklyn ranks 19th (7.8).
- The Nets average 35.8 three pointers per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Bucks rank last in three pointers allowed per game (35.8).
- The Bucks rank sixth in second chance points allowed per game (12.3) while the Nets rank 27th (14.6).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in assists per game (26.1) while Brooklyn ranks eighth in assists allowed per game (23.6).
- Milwaukee ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (42.1) while Brooklyn ranks 26th (51.4).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Milwaukee is 20-1 and Brooklyn is 11-1.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Bucks are 58-16 and the Nets are 38-28.
- Brooklyn is 23-16 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 23-14-1 ATS at home.
- The Nets have 19 overs, 19 unders and 1 push in 39 road games.
- Of the Bucks’ 38 home games, they have 19 overs and 19 unders.
- The Bucks are 3-1-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Nets are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee has 4 overs and 1 under, while Brooklyn has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bucks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, down from 9.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 118.0 points per game (6.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 122.6 points per game (10.0 above their season average).