The Miami Heat (37-22) will be 7-point favorites at home in AmericanAirlines Arena when they go head-to-head with the Brooklyn Nets (26-32). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 223 points and it will air on YES Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat Betting Odds
Neither team was able to cover in their last matchup. The Heat (12-point favorites) beat the Dallas Mavericks, 126-118, while the Nets (1.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Atlanta Hawks, 141-118. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Miami game finished 9 points over the projected point total of 235, while the Brooklyn game finished 26.5 points over the projected point total of 232.5.
Miami dominated every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.342 (above their season average of 0.234) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.2 (below their season average of 20.7). For those same stats, Dallas recorded marks of 0.202 and 10.5, respectively. Brooklyn, on the other hand, was en fuego from beyond the arc (18-46; 39.1 percent). Miami’s Bam Adebayo had a good outing, recording 14 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Brooklyn was lifted by Spencer Dinwiddie, who recorded 24 points and 13 assists.
The Nets had the upper hand in the most recent game, a 117-113 victory, to even the season series at one. Despite the loss, Jimmy Butler was the game’s leading scorer with 33 points. Brooklyn had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.0 vs. 9.8). Miami, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (18-21; 85.7 percent). Brooklyn covered as a 4-point underdog and the two teams combined to put up 230 points, which was over the projected point total of 218.
Of the Nets’ 57 games with betting action, 29 have finished under the total. Brooklyn holds records of 26-32 straight up (SU) and 27-28-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has a tendency to place the total low when the Heat are involved, as 60.3 percent of their games have finished over the total. Additionally, Miami owns records of 37-22 SU and 29-27-2 ATS.
The Nets’ Caris LeVert has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 23 points,5.4 rebounds,5.2 assists,3.2 steals per game. Meanwhile, Adebayo has averaged 19 points,11.2 rebounds,7.4 assists,2.2 steals,2.0 blocks during that same time frame for the Heat.
This battle pits one of the NBA’s top offenses against one of its elite defensesMiami currently ranks fourth in effective field goal percentage (0.548), while Brooklyn is fourth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.506).
Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Over
- The Nets rank 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.2) while the Heat rank 26th (18.1).
- Brooklyn ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (37.6) while Miami ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (38.0).
- The Heat rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.2) while the Nets rank 22nd (5.4).
- Brooklyn ranks 10th in second chance points per game (13.7) while Miami ranks 26th (11.9).
- Miami ranks third in fast break points allowed per game (11.8) while Brooklyn ranks 16th (13.3).
- The Nets rank fifth in points in the paint per game (49.8) while the Heat rank 26th (44.7).
- The Nets rank second in assists allowed per game (22.3) while the Heat rank 18th (24.8).
- Miami ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (42.1) while Brooklyn ranks 23rd (46.2).
- When allowing under 100 points, Brooklyn is 8-1 and Miami is 7-1.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Nets are 26-25 and the Heat are 36-16.
- Miami is 17-9-1 ATS at home, while Brooklyn is 11-15-2 ATS on the road.
- Of the Nets’ 28 road games, they have 15 unders, 12 overs and 1 push.
- Of the Heat’s 27 home games, they have 18 overs and 9 unders.
- The Nets are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Heat are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Brooklyn has 4 unders and 1 over, while Miami has 5 overs.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 111.2 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.8 points per game (1.6 above their season average).
- The Heat’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 3.3 for the season.