The Detroit Pistons (2-4) will be 1.5-point underdogs at home in Little Caesars Arena when they square off against the Brooklyn Nets (2-3). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 224 points and it will air on YES Network at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 2, 2019.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Detroit Pistons ATS Odds
In their last game, the Nets (2.5-point favorites) covered in a 123-116 victory over the Houston Rockets. The Pistons fell to the Chicago Bulls, 112-106, but did cover as 9.5-point underdogs. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Brooklyn game went 17.5 points over the projected point total of 221.5, while the Detroit game finished 4 points over the projected point total of 214.
Brooklyn played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.4 (below their season average of 26.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.531). Houston was 16.7 and 0.475, respectively, for those same stats. Detroit, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (24.4 vs. 22.9). Andre Drummond played a key role for Detroit with 25 points and 24 rebounds. Brooklyn was led by Taurean Prince, who contributed 27 points and 12 rebounds.
The Nets held the advantage in this series last year, taking two out of three games. In the last matchup, Brooklyn won 103-75. Brooklyn’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Detroit. The Nets had a rate of 0.563 while the Pistons posted a mark of 0.320.
Nets games have a tendency to go over the projected point total (75.0 percent). Brooklyn heads into the game with records of 2-3 straight up (SU) and 0-4 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Brooklyn, games involving the Pistons also have a tendency to go over the total (60.0 percent). Further, Detroit is 2-4 SU and 2-3 ATS.
Detroit appears to have an edge on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Pistons rank eighth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.4 percent), while Brooklyn ranks 24th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.2 percent) dating back to last season.
Nets at Pistons Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Nets rank 21st in assists per game (23.5) while the Pistons rank 25th (22.6).
- Detroit ranks third in second chance points allowed per game (11.3) while Brooklyn ranks 27th (14.5).
- The Nets average 48.9 points in the paint per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. The Pistons rank 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (50.3).
- Brooklyn ranks 21st in fast break points per game (11.9) while Detroit ranks 29th (10.0).
- Detroit ranks 23rd in steals per game (6.9) while Brooklyn ranks 27th (6.7).
- The Pistons rank fifth in rebounds allowed per game (43.8) while the Nets rank 24th (46.5).
- The Pistons rank first in three pointers allowed per game (28.1) while the Nets rank sixth (30.4).
- Neither of these teams are great at blocking the ball. Brooklyn is 28th in the league with 4.1 blocks per game while Detroit is 29th with 4.1 blocks per game.
- Detroit ranks 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.4) while Brooklyn ranks 25th (17.6).
- Detroit is 17-3 when they allow under 100 points, while Brooklyn is 13-1.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Pistons are 38-31 and the Nets are 44-35.