The Brooklyn Nets (25-29) will travel to the Spectrum Center to square off against the Charlotte Hornets (19-36). The Nets opened as 2.5-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 212.5 points and it will air on YES Network at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Charlotte Hornets ATS Odds
The Hornets will look to keep it rolling after topping the Chicago Bulls in their last matchup, 103-93, as 4.5-point underdogs. The Nets, on the other hand, were beat by the Philadelphia 76ers, 112-104, and were unable to cover as 8-point underdogs. The Charlotte game finished 15.5 points under the projected point total of 211.5, while the Brooklyn game went 1.5 points under the projected point total of 217.5.
Charlotte played a nearly flawless contest. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.338 (above their season average of 0.186) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.527 (above their season average of 0.503). Chicago recorded marks of 0.138 and 0.466, respectively, for those same stats. Brooklyn, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.8 (above their season average of 23.1). Charlotte was lifted by Miles Bridges, who recorded 22 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, DeAndre Jordan fueled Brooklyn with 14 points and 15 rebounds.
In the season series between these two teams, the Nets lead two games to one. The two teams combined for 221 points in their most recent game, which was just over the projected point total of 216.5. Brooklyn lost 113-108 but was unable to cover as a 10-point favorite. The Hornets’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Nets. Charlotte had a rate of 7.3, while Brooklyn posted a mark of 10.5. Devonte’ Graham was the game’s top overall scorer with 40 points.
There does not appear to be a trend for games featuring the Nets in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Brooklyn heads into the game with records of 25-29 straight up (SU) and 26-26-2 against the spread (ATS).
Games featuring the Hornets also have a slight tendency to go under the total (50.9 percent). Additionally, Charlotte is 19-36 SU and 26-27-2 ATS.
Charlotte might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they clash against one of the league’s best defenses. Brooklyn currently ranks eighth in defensive efficiency while the Hornets rank 26th in offensive efficiency.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Charlotte Hornets ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank 21st in blocks per game (4.6) while the Hornets rank 26th (4.2).
- Brooklyn ranks second in assists allowed per game (22.0) while Charlotte ranks 29th (26.7).
- The Nets rank sixth in three pointers attempted per game (37.3) while the Hornets rank 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (35.1).
- Charlotte ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (11.5) while Brooklyn ranks 15th (13.2).
- Charlotte ranks 19th in points off turnovers per game (16.3) while Brooklyn ranks 25th (15.1).
- The Nets rank second in rebounds per game (48.3) while the Hornets rank 24th (42.9).
- The Nets average 13.7 second chance points per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Hornets rank 21st in second chance points allowed per game (13.5).
- Neither of these teams are great at stealing the ball. Brooklyn is 26th in the NBA with 6.6 steals per game while Charlotte is 27th with 6.6 steals per game.
- Brooklyn ranks fifth in points in the paint per game (49.9) while Charlotte ranks 23rd in points allowed in the paint per game (50.8).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Charlotte is 6-0 and Brooklyn is 7-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Hornets are 15-21 and the Nets are 25-22.
- Charlotte is 9-13-2 ATS at home, while Brooklyn is 10-14-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 13 of the Nets’ 26 road games, while 13 of the Hornets’ 24 home games have gone under.
- The Nets are 4-0-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Hornets are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Brooklyn has 4 unders and 1 over, while Charlotte has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nets have outscored opponents by an average of 8.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Brooklyn has lost by an average of 0.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 103.0 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.6 points per game (6.3 below their season average).