Expect a shootout when the Brooklyn Nets (7-12) and the Houston Rockets (15-4) face off at Toyota Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 228.5 points with Houston set as a 16-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets at Houston Rockets Betting Preview
The Nets were victorious over the Memphis Grizzlies in their last contest, 98-88. With 16 points and 11 rebounds, Brooklyn’s Trevor Booker had a solid game. Brooklyn dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.257 (above their season average of 0.224) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 21.4). Memphis was 0.200 and 26.2, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Rockets last matchup, they beat the New York Knicks, 117-102. Houston received a boost from James Harden, who was the top scorer from either team with 37 points on 12-for-27 shooting. Houston dominated every facet of the game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 6.3 (better than their season average of 14.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.9 (below their season average of 22.9). For those same stats, New York put up marks of 16.2 and 15.4, respectively.
The productive offense of Houston (second in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 112.7) will square off against the porous defense of Brooklyn (25th in the league with a defensive efficiency of 108.0). The Rockets should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Of Brooklyn’s 18 games that accepted bets, 12 have finished over the O/U total, while 10 of Houston’s 19 games have finished under the O/U total. The Rockets have the better straight up (SU) record (15-4 vs. 7-12), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Houston is 11-8, while Brooklyn is 11-7 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Rockets won both matchups played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Houston won 137-112. The Rockets played a flawless game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0 and a superb free throw rate of 0.261. The Nets put up marks of 18.8 and 0.161, respectively, for those same stats.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Houston Rockets Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Over
- The Nets rank 10th in points in the paint per game (45.6) while the Rockets rank 23rd in points allowed in the paint per game (45.9).
- Houston averages 12.3 fast break points per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 19th in fast break points allowed per game (11.8).
- Houston ranks sixth in points off turnovers per game (18.8) while Brooklyn ranks 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.6).
- Brooklyn ranks 16th in assists per game (22.2) while Houston ranks 17th in assists allowed per game (22.8).
- Houston is 4-5 ATS at home, while Brooklyn is 5-4 ATS on the road.
- The Nets have 5 overs and 4 unders in 9 road games.
- The Rockets have 5 overs and 4 unders in 9 home games.
- Brooklyn is 3-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Houston is 7-1.
- The Rockets are 15-2 when they score above 100 points, while the Nets are 5-11.
- The Nets rank second in three pointers attempted per game (33.4) while the Rockets rank 11th in three pointers allowed per game (27.6).
- Houston ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (40.9) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (47.5).
- The Rockets rank third in steals per game (9.2) while the Nets rank 18th (7.8).
- The Rockets average 12.1 second chance points per game, which ranks 17th in the league. The Nets rank 18th in second chance points allowed per game (13.0).
- Houston averages 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (6.1).
- Houston is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Brooklyn is 4-1 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Rockets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.4, up from 10.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 112.2 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.8 points per game (1.7 below their season average).