The Brooklyn Nets (3-4), 2.5-point underdogs, will travel to Moda Center at the Rose Quarter to go head-to-head against the Portland Trail Blazers (3-5). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 233 points and it can be seen on YES Network at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Portland Trail Blazers ATS Odds
The Nets were victorious over the New Orleans Pelicans in their last matchup, 135-125, covering as 3.5-point favorites. The Trail Blazers, meanwhile, were topped by the Los Angeles Clippers, 107-101, and failed to cover as 11.5-point underdogs. The Brooklyn game finished 20.5 points over the projected point total of 239.5, while the Portland game went 12 points under the projected point total of 220.
Brooklyn dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.228 (above their season average of 0.212) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3 (above their season average of 25.2). New Orleans was 0.165 and 23.3, respectively, for those same stats. Portland, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.5 vs. 14.3). Hassan Whiteside played well for Portland with 17 points and 19 rebounds. Meanwhile, Brooklyn was led by Kyrie Irving, who put up 39 points and nine assists.
The Trail Blazers dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the most recent game, Portland won 148-144. The Trail Blazers’ 2.1 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Nets, who had a rate of 11.6.
Games including the Nets tend to go over the projected point total (57.1 percent). Brooklyn comes into the contest with records of 3-4 straight up (SU) and 2-5 against the spread (ATS).
Similarly to Brooklyn, Trail Blazers games also have a tendency to go over the total (57.1 percent). Although Portland struggles winning games outright (3-5 SU), they have a respectable 4-3 record ATS.
Portland could dominate the offensive glass in this contest. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Trail Blazers rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (25.8 percent), while Brooklyn ranks 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.3 percent).
Nets vs. Trail Blazers ATS Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Nets rank 21st in assists per game (23.6) while the Trail Blazers rank 26th (22.1).
- Portland averages 14.9 second chance points per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 28th in second chance points allowed per game (14.5).
- The Trail Blazers rank ninth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.4) while the Nets rank 25th (17.6).
- Portland ranks 15th in blocks per game (5.1) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (4.1).
- Brooklyn ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (36.0) while Portland ranks 16th (31.2).
- The Trail Blazers rank fourth in rebounds per game (47.4) while the Nets rank 24th in rebounds allowed per game (46.4).
- The Nets rank third in fast break points allowed per game (11.8) while the Trail Blazers rank 16th (13.8).
- Brooklyn ranks 26th in steals per game (6.7) while Portland ranks 27th (6.7).
- Portland ranks 10th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.8) while Brooklyn ranks 26th (51.5).
- Brooklyn is 13-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Portland is 20-2.
- The Nets are 45-36 when they score above 100 points, while the Trail Blazers are 61-33.