The Portland Trail Blazers (6-5) will be at home in Moda Center at the Rose Quarter when they go head-to-head against the Brooklyn Nets (4-7). Portland is an 8.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 223 points. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Portland Trail Blazers Betting Preview
The Nets were beaten by the Denver Nuggets in their last game, 112-104. Brooklyn’s Tyler Zeller had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-10 shooting. Denver forced the Nets into a turnover percentage of 20.2 (above their season average of 12.8). Brooklyn, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (17-22; 77.3 percent).
In the Trail Blazers’ last game, they were beaten by the Memphis Grizzlies, 98-97. C.J. McCollum was the game’s leading scorer with 36 points on 14-for-26 shooting. Memphis did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (21-25; 84.0 percent). Portland, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 vs. 13.5).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Portland should have a substantial advantage. The Trail Blazers defense ranks fourth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.490), while the Brooklyn offense is ranked 26th in effective field goal percentage (0.493). Also, the Nets are among the NBA’s best at getting to the line, ranking fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.245). The Trail Blazers, meanhwile, rank 28th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.244).
Of Brooklyn’s 11 games, six have finished over the O/U total, while 7 of Portland’s 11 games have finished under the projected point total. The Trail Blazers have the superior straight up (SU) record (6-5 vs. 4-7), but the Nets hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (6-5 vs. 4-6-1).
Damian Lillard has been outstanding over the last five games for Portland, averaging 32.4 points, 7.4 assists and 6.0 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Trail Blazers won both meetings last season. In the most recent matchup, Portland won 130-116. The Trail Blazers dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.186 and an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.663. For those same stats, the Nets were 0.140 and 0.605, respectively.
Brooklyn Nets at Portland Trail Blazers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank third in three pointers attempted per game (32.8) while the Trail Blazers rank 23rd (25.3).
- Portland ranks 14th in points allowed in the paint per game (42.7) while Brooklyn ranks 25th (48.7).
- Portland ranks third in blocks per game (5.8) while Brooklyn ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (6.1).
- On the road, Brooklyn is 3-3 ATS with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- Portland is 2-5 ATS at home with 5 unders and 2 overs.
- Brooklyn is 1-0 when they allow below 100 points, while Portland is 4-2.
- The Trail Blazers are 6-3 when they score above 100 points, while the Nets are 3-6.
- The Nets rank third in steals per game (9.1) while the Trail Blazers rank 19th (7.1).
- Portland ranks first in rebounds per game (48.0) while Brooklyn ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (49.9).
- The Nets rank sixth in fast break points per game (14.4) while the Trail Blazers rank last (4.6).
- The Trail Blazers rank first in assists allowed per game (16.4) while the Nets rank 11th (22.4).
- Portland ranks fifth in second chance points allowed per game (9.5) while Brooklyn ranks 26th (14.4).
- Portland is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Brooklyn is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Trail Blazers have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Portland has defeated opponents by an average of 5.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 107.8 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 114.8 points per game (1.4 below their season average).