The Minnesota Timberwolves (4-9) welcome the Brooklyn Nets (6-7) to Target Center. The Timberwolves will attempt to put an end to their five-game losing streak. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 12, 2018, and will air on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets at Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Timberwolves fell to the Sacramento Kings, 121-110, while the Nets were defeated by the Golden State Warriors, 116-100.
Brooklyn held Golden State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.1 (below their season average of 23.8) while Minnesota held Sacramento to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.5 (below the 31.3 mark opponents have averaged against Minnesota this season). Minnesota’s Karl-Anthony Towns had a solid performance, recording 39 points and 19 rebounds. Joe Harris played a key role for Brooklyn with 24 points.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent matchup, the Timberwolves won 111-97. The Timberwolves’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Nets. Minnesota had a rate of 4.4, while Brooklyn posted a mark of 14.5. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Towns has been playing at a high level recently for Minnesota, averaging 19.4 points, 10.6 rebounds, 2.0 blocks and 1.6 steals over the last five games.
There’s a decent chance that Brooklyn struggles to create turnovers. Minnesota ranks third in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.2 percent), while Brooklyn forces the 20th-most turnovers (13.2 percent).
Brooklyn Nets at Minnesota Timberwolves Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Timberwolves, ATS Winner – Timberwolves, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank 18th in rebounds allowed per game (46.3) while the Timberwolves rank 26th (50.0).
- Brooklyn ranks first in assists allowed per game (20.2) while Minnesota ranks 23rd (25.8).
- The Timberwolves rank third in steals per game (9.2) while the Nets rank 23rd (6.6).
- Brooklyn ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (44.2) while Minnesota ranks 24th (51.2).
- Minnesota ranks 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.1) while Brooklyn ranks 25th (19.5).
- The Nets rank first in three pointers allowed per game (25.1) while the Timberwolves rank 22nd (32.6).
- The Timberwolves rank 12th in second chance points per game (14.3) while the Nets rank 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (16.6).
- Minnesota ranks eighth in blocks per game (5.9) while Brooklyn ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Minnesota ranks fifth in fast break points per game (16.9) while Brooklyn ranks 26th (8.5).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Minnesota is 1-0 and Brooklyn is 3-0.
- When reaching the century mark, the Nets are 6-6 and the Timberwolves are 4-6.
- The Nets have outscored opponents by an average of 5.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Brooklyn has lost by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Timberwolves have scored an average of 101.8 points per game (8.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 116.4 points per game (1.3 below their season average).