The Cleveland Cavaliers (10-7) welcome the Brooklyn Nets (6-10) to Quicken Loans Arena. The Cavaliers will attempt to extend their five-game winning streak. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 228 points with Cleveland set as an 11-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Brooklyn Nets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Preview
The Nets fell to the Golden State Warriors in their last contest, 118-111. Brooklyns Rondae Hollis-Jefferson had a good performance, finishing with 16 points, 12 rebounds and five assists. Golden State held the Nets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.442 (below their season average of 0.503). Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.284 (above their season average of 0.231).
The last time the Cavaliers played, they thoroughly outplayed the Detroit Pistons, 116-88. With 19 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Kevin Love was the top scorer from either team. Cleveland dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.200 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 14.2). Detroit was 0.091 and 14.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Cleveland could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense goes up against one of the leagues worst defenses. The Cavaliers currently rank fourth in offensive efficiency, while Brooklyn ranks 23rd in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Nets, who rank fifth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.235), will clash against the Cavaliers, who rank fifth in opponents FTA rate (0.179).
Games including these teams have a tendency to finish over the O/U total. Brooklyn games have gone over 62.5 percent of the time, while 64.7 percent of Cleveland games have gone over. The Cavaliers hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (10-7 vs. 6-10), but the Nets have been better against the spread (ATS) (9-7 vs. 6-10-1).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 219 points, just under the projected point total of 224. The Nets won 112-107, covering as 8-point underdogs. The Nets turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Cavaliers. Brooklyn had a rate of 10.5, while Cleveland posted a mark of 18.5. Despite the loss, LeBron James put up a triple-double with 29 points, 13 assists and 10 rebounds.
Brooklyn Nets at Cleveland Cavaliers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Over
- The Nets rank eighth in steals per game (8.3) while the Cavaliers rank 25th (6.7).
- Cleveland averages 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 21st in the league. Brooklyn ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (6.1).
- Cleveland ranks eighth in second chance points per game (13.2) while Brooklyn ranks 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Brooklyn ranks 13th in points off turnovers per game (17.9) while Cleveland ranks 15th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- On the road, Brooklyn is 4-4 ATS with 4 overs and 4 unders.
- At home, Cleveland is 0-7-1 ATS with 5 overs and 3 unders.
- Brooklyn is 2-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Cleveland is 3-0.
- The Nets are 5-9 when they score over 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 10-5.
- The Cavaliers average 44.5 points in the paint per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Nets rank 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.3).
- Brooklyn ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (33.9) while Cleveland ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (32.2).
- The Nets rank 10th in assists allowed per game (21.7) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (25.4).
- The Nets average 13.0 fast break points per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Cavaliers rank 10th in fast break points allowed per game (9.7).
- Cleveland ranks 11th in rebounds allowed per game (42.8) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (49.3).
- Cleveland is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Brooklyn is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Cavaliers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.2, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 107.6 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.0 points per game (4.9 below their season average).