The Bradley Braves (19-9, 10-5 MVC) will be at the Athletics-Recreation Center to square off against the Valparaiso Crusaders (14-14, 7-8 MVC) in a MVC matchup. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Bradley Braves at Valparaiso Crusaders ATS Odds
In their last game, the Crusaders lost a tough one against the Drake Bulldogs, 77-75, while the Braves beat the Missouri State Bears, 83-79.
The Braves knocked down 26 of their 36 free throws (72.2 percent) and held the Bears to an effective field goal percentage of 0.388 (below their season average of 0.498). Valparaiso, meanwhile, made 14 of their 33 three pointers (42.4 percent). Javon Freeman-Liberty played well for Valparaiso with 19 points, seven rebounds and six assists. Bradley received a boost from Elijah Childs, who contributed 15 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Koch Bar led the Braves to an 80-69 victory. He recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. Bradley was successful at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Braves made 20 of their 25 free throws (80.0 percent), while the Crusaders were 11-14 (78.6 percent).
The offense of Valparaiso (197th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 101.4) will square off against the elite defense of Bradley (93rd in the country with a defensive efficiency of 96.4). The Braves should have the edge on that end of the court.
Bradley Braves vs. Valparaiso Crusaders Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Bradley, ATS Winner – Bradley, O/U – Over
- Valparaiso ranks 29th in steals per game (8.2) while Bradley ranks 236th (4.8).
- The Crusaders rank 48th in assists per game (14.8) while the Braves rank 123rd (13.5).
- The Crusaders rank 75th in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while the Braves rank 263rd (18.0).
- Bradley ranks 39th in rebounds per game (38.9) while Valparaiso ranks 205th (34.3).
- The Crusaders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Braves have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (2.6 above their season average).