The Bradley Braves (8-10, 0-5 MVC) head to SIU Arena to meet the Southern Illinois Salukis (9-9, 2-3 MVC). The Braves will attempt to snap their five-game losing streak. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 20, 2019, and will air on ESPNU.
Bradley Braves vs. Southern Illinois Salukis ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Salukis lost a tough one against the Illinois State Redbirds, 59-58, while the Braves lost to the Drake Bulldogs, 69-52.
Bradley forced Drake into a turnover percentage of 25.6 (above their season average of 16.5) while Southern Illinois held Illinois State to an effective field goal percentage of 0.440 (below their season average of 0.506). Southern Illinois’ Armon Fletcher had a solid performance, putting up 17 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Bradley was lifted by Elijah Childs, who finished with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent game, the Salukis won 74-57. Southern Illinois’ 0.304 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Bradley, who had a mark of 0.145. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Southern Illinois currently ranks 315th in possessions per game (66.5) and Bradley is 284th (67.7). Additionally, the Braves are among the NCAA’s best at getting to the line, ranking 53rd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.279). The Salukis, meanwhile, rank 15th at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents’ FTA rate of 0.167.
Bradley vs. Southern Illinois ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Southern Illinois, ATS Winner – Bradley, O/U – Over
- Bradley ranks 84th in three pointers allowed per game (21.2) while Southern Illinois ranks 236th (26.1).
- The Salukis rank 203rd in rebounds per game (34.3) while the Braves rank 228th (33.6).
- Bradley averages 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 90th in the nation. Southern Illinois ranks 95th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Salukis rank 75th in assists per game (14.8) while the Braves rank 126th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- Bradley ranks 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Southern Illinois ranks 78th (3.2).
- During their last five games, the Salukis have scored an average of 64.4 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (2.3 below their season average).
- The Braves’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.2, up from 0.8 for the season.