An eight-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Indiana State Sycamores (10-8, 3-4 MVC) when they welcome the Bradley Braves (14-6, 5-2 MVC) to Hulman Center. The game begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Bradley Braves at Indiana State Sycamores Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Sycamores lost big to the Loyola Chicago Ramblers, 75-55, while the Braves defeated the Illinois State Redbirds, 75-63.
Bradley played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.220 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 15.0). For those same stats, Illinois State had marks of 0.098 and 13.4, respectively. Indiana State, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.143 vs. 0.109). Indiana State’s Jordan Barnes played well, recording 18 points. Nate Kennell was a key piece for Bradley with 18 points and six rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last game, the Braves won 96-67. The Braves’ 25.8 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Sycamores, who had a rate of 10.0. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams clash. Indiana State ranks 293rd in possessions per game (67.1) and Bradley is 276th (67.7).
Bradley vs. Indiana State Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Bradley, ATS Winner – Bradley, O/U – Under
- Bradley ranks 18th in rebounds per game (40.7) while Indiana State ranks 260th (32.4).
- The Sycamores rank 28th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Braves rank 77th (6.0).
- Bradley averages 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 85th in the nation. Indiana State ranks 129th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- The Sycamores rank 127th in three pointers allowed per game (21.3) while the Braves rank 259th (25.7).
- Bradley ranks 50th in blocks per game (4.3) while Indiana State ranks 110th (3.1).
- During their last five games, the Sycamores have scored an average of 64.4 points per game (6.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.6 points per game (4.3 below their season average).
- The Braves’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 8.6 for the season.