It will be a clash between two stifling defenses when the Southern Illinois Salukis (15-11, 9-4 MVC) clash with the Bradley Braves (17-9, 8-5 MVC) at SIU Arena. The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Bradley Braves at Southern Illinois Salukis ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Salukis fell to the Valparaiso Crusaders, 55-38, while the Braves were victorious over the Indiana State Sycamores, 72-61.
The Braves, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.497, had an extraordinary mark of 0.610 and had a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 15.9). Southern Illinois, on the other hand, forced Valparaiso into a turnover percentage of 24.0 (above their season average of 16.2). Eric McGill led the way for Southern Illinois, finishing with 13 points and six rebounds. Bradley, meanwhile, was led by Elijah Childs, who recorded 19 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Ja’Shon Henry led the Braves to a 67-48 win. He recorded 16 points and nine rebounds. Bradley’s 0.491 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Southern Illinois, who had a rate of 0.342.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Southern Illinois currently ranks 345th in possessions per game (63.8) and Bradley is 304th (66.6).
Bradley vs. Southern Illinois Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Bradley, ATS Winner – Bradley, O/U – Over
- Bradley ranks 44th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Southern Illinois ranks 278th (30.8).
- The Salukis rank 61st in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while the Braves rank 263rd (25.0).
- Bradley ranks 60th in blocks per game (3.9) while Southern Illinois ranks 72nd in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- The Salukis’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 1.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Braves have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average).