The Bradley Braves (8-6, 0-1 MVC) will be at the Hulman Center to clash against the Indiana State Sycamores (8-5, 0-1 MVC) in a MVC matchup. The game gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Bradley Braves at Indiana State Sycamores Betting Odds
In their last game, the Sycamores lost to the Ball State Cardinals, 86-69, while the Braves were victorious over the Wisconsin-Parkside Rangers, 74-58.
Bradley played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.175 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.1. Wisconsin-Parkside was 0.074 and 20.6, respectively, for those same stats. Indiana State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (40.9 vs. 44.4). Tyreke Key played a key role for Indiana State with 16 points and seven rebounds. Bradley rallied around Elijah Childs, who put up 17 points and eight rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Sycamores won the last matchup 66-64. Indiana State won the rebounding battle. The Sycamores had more offensive rebounds (17 vs. seven), defensive rebounds (28 vs. 22) and total rebounds (45 vs. 29). This will be the first meeting of the year between these two teams.
The Braves’ Childs has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Key has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Sycamores.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Indiana State. Indiana State ranks 234th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Bradley forces the 51st-most turnovers in the nation (22.3 percent).
Bradley Braves vs. Indiana State Sycamores Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Indiana State, ATS Winner – Bradley, O/U – Over
- Bradley ranks 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Indiana State ranks 113th (3.8).
- The Braves rank 232nd in three pointers attempted per game (19.1) while the Sycamores rank 273rd (13.9).
- Bradley averages 13.0 assists per game, which ranks 145th in the NCAA. Indiana State ranks 157th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- The Sycamores have outscored opponents by an average of 8.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Indiana State has lost by an average of 1.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Braves have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.6 points per game (5.1 below their season average).