The Illinois State Redbirds (9-19, 4-12 MVC) close out their home schedule at Redbird Arena against the Bradley Braves (19-10, 10-6 MVC). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Bradley Braves vs. Illinois State Redbirds Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Redbirds were victorious over the Drake Bulldogs, 57-53, while the Braves fell to the Valparaiso Crusaders, 90-78.
Illinois State played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.078 (below their season average of 0.170) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.1 (below their season average of 26.3). Drake was 0.040 and 9.4, respectively, for those same stats. Bradley, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 3.9 (better than their season average of 15.9). Illinois State’s Keith Fisher III led the way, finishing with 21 points and seven rebounds. Bradley received a boost from Elijah Childs, who finished with 19 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Nate Kennell led the Braves to a 75-63 victory. He scored a game-high 18 points. One of Bradley’s biggest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 13-15 (86.7 percent), while the Redbirds were just 6-8 (75.0 percent).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams battle. Illinois State ranks 258th in possessions per game (67.5) and Bradley is 293rd (66.9).
Bradley vs. Illinois State Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Illinois State, ATS Winner – Illinois State, O/U – Under
- Bradley ranks 47th in rebounds per game (38.7) while Illinois State ranks 248th (33.0).
- The Braves average 13.5 assists per game, which ranks 113th in the nation. The Redbirds rank 164th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- Illinois State ranks 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Bradley ranks 63rd (2.9).
- The Redbirds average 23.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 113th in the nation. The Braves rank 269th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- Illinois State ranks 167th in steals per game (5.8) while Bradley ranks 235th (4.7).
- During their last five games, the Redbirds have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (0.3 above their season average).
- The Braves’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 5.8 for the season.