The Bowling Green Falcons (21-7, 12-3 MAC) will be at John D. Millett Hall to take on the Miami (OH) RedHawks (11-17, 4-11 MAC) in a MAC matchup. Action gets underway at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Bowling Green Falcons vs. Miami (OH) RedHawks Betting Odds
Both teams won big over their last opponent. The RedHawks defeated the Central Michigan Chippewas 76-57, while the Falcons beat the Akron Zips 78-60.
Bowling Green dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.373 (above their season average of 0.206) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.475 (below their season average of 0.484). For those same stats, Akron had marks of 0.183 and 0.331, respectively. Miami (OH), meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 (above their season average of 25.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.556 (above their season average of 0.493). For those same stats, Central Michigan was 24.4 and 0.362, respectively. Miami (OH) rallied around Isaiah Coleman-Lands, who finished with 13 points, seven rebounds and seven assists. Daeqwon Plowden played a pivotal role for Bowling Green with 10 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Tayler Mattos led the Falcons to a 78-76 win. He notched a double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds. Bowling Green had a better effective field goal percentage (0.477 vs. 0.414). Miami (OH), meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (6.8 vs. 11.1).
Miami (OH) could put on a ball-control clinic in this meeting. Miami (OH) ranks 46th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while Bowling Green forces the 27th-fewest turnovers (16.5 percent).
Bowling Green Falcons vs. Miami (OH) RedHawks ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Bowling Green, ATS Winner – Bowling Green, O/U – Over
- Bowling Green averages 40.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 16th in the country. Miami (OH) ranks 232nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).
- The RedHawks are 37th in the country with 5.4 steals allowed per game while the Falcons are 41st with 5.5 steals allowed per game.
- The RedHawks average 25.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 56th in the country. The Falcons rank 237th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- Bowling Green ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (10.3) while Miami (OH) ranks 68th (11.4).
- During their last five games, the RedHawks have scored an average of 53.4 points per game (12.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 53.2 points per game (13.4 below their season average).
- The Falcons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 3.1 for the season.