MAC foes will collide when the Kent State Golden Flashes (13-15, 7-8 MAC) meet the Bowling Green Falcons (16-12, 7-8 MAC) at Memorial A & C Center. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Bowling Green Falcons vs. Kent State Golden Flashes ATS Preview
The last time the Falcons played, they lost a tough one against the Akron Zips, 81-79. Bowling Green’s Demajeo Wiggins had a good performance, finishing with 17 points and 12 rebounds. Akron did a great job of making free throws (24-30; 80.0 percent). Bowling Green, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (above their season average of 28.8).
The Golden Flashes are trying to rebound after their 88-76 loss to the Ohio Bobcats in their last matchup. With 12 points and six rebounds, Kent State’s Kevin Zabo had a good outing. Ohio did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-17; 82.4 percent). Kent State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 16.2).
The aggressive Bowling Green offense could be living from the charity stripe in this showdown. The Falcons rank 47th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.281, while Kent State ranks 196th in FTA rate allowed (0.237).
These teams have already met once this season. The Falcons won 70-62. The Falcons dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.8 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.492. The Golden Flashes had marks of 19.3 and 0.464, respectively, for those same stats. Justin Turner scored a game-high 20 points.
Bowling Green Falcons vs. Kent State Golden Flashes Free Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Under
- Bowling Green ranks 137th in assists per game (13.8) while Kent State ranks 237th (11.7).
- The Falcons average 38.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 56th in the NCAA. The Golden Flashes rank 138th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4).
- Kent State averages 22.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 134th in the NCAA. Bowling Green ranks 138th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- The Golden Flashes average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.8 points per game (1.7 below their season average).