The Bowling Green Falcons (13-5, 5-0 MAC) and the Eastern Michigan Eagles (8-10, 2-3 MAC) square off at Convocation Center. The Falcons will attempt to prolong their nine-game winning streak. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
Bowling Green Falcons at Eastern Michigan Eagles Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Eagles were beaten by the 16th-ranked Buffalo Bulls, 77-65, while the Falcons won big over the Western Michigan Broncos, 79-48.
Bowling Green played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.2 (better than their season average of 15.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.479 (below their season average of 0.508). For those same stats, Western Michigan had marks of 19.7 and 0.307, respectively. Eastern Michigan, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.273 (above their season average of 0.170). Eastern Michigan was lifted by James Thompson IV, who finished with 11 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Dylan Frye played a pivotal role for Bowling Green with 14 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
The Falcons dominated this series last year, securing victories in both contests. In the last contest, Bowling Green won 70-63. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Bowling Green’s largest strengths. They made 29 trips to the line, while Eastern Michigan went just 11 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The Falcons’ Antwon Lillard has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 13 points,1.2 steals per game. Meanwhile, Thompson IV has averaged 14 points,12.4 rebounds,1.4 blocks during that same time frame for the Eagles.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Eagles rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (38.8 percent), while Bowling Green ranks fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.1 percent). This contest should be a battle of contrasting tempos. The up-and-down Falcons rank 51st in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Eagles rank 272nd.
Bowling Green Falcons at Eastern Michigan Eagles Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Eastern Michigan, ATS Winner – Eastern Michigan, O/U – Under
- Bowling Green ranks 60th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while Eastern Michigan ranks 239th (17.9).
- The Eagles rank 43rd in blocks per game (4.4) while the Falcons rank 139th (2.8).
- Bowling Green ranks 169th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while Eastern Michigan ranks 256th in three pointers allowed per game (26.5).
- The Falcons average 44.6 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the country. The Eagles rank 123rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 36th in steals per game (8.1) while Bowling Green ranks 132nd in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Falcons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.6, up from 9.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 70.2 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (1.4 below their season average).