A seven-game home winning streak is on the line for the Ball State Cardinals (14-10, 7-4 MAC) when they welcome the Bowling Green Falcons (18-7, 9-3 MAC) to John E. Worthen Arena. The game is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Bowling Green Falcons at Ball State Cardinals ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Cardinals beat the Northern Illinois Huskies, 63-59, while the Falcons were beaten by the Akron Zips, 74-59.
The Cardinals made 19 of their 27 free throws (70.4 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.537 (above their season average of 0.504). Bowling Green, on the other hand, held Akron to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 28.7). Ball State rallied around Ishmael El-Amin, who contributed 22 points. Meanwhile, Daeqwon Plowden was a key piece for Bowling Green with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Trey Diggs led the Falcons to a 67-61 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 25 points. Bowling Green’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Ball State. The Falcons had a rate of 0.250, while the Cardinals posted a mark of 0.152.
When considering effective field goal percentage, Ball State figures to have a considerable advantage. The Cardinals defense ranks 45th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.458), while the Bowling Green offense is ranked 253rd in effective field goal percentage (0.485). Moreover, the Falcons, who rank 257th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.205), will go head-to-head against the Cardinals, who rank 49th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.183).
Bowling Green Falcons vs. Ball State Cardinals ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Ball State, ATS Winner – Ball State, O/U – Over
- Ball State averages 27.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 27th in the nation. Bowling Green ranks 199th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- The Cardinals rank 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Falcons rank 74th (3.0).
- Ball State is 10th in the NCAA with 9.7 assists allowed per game while Bowling Green is 33rd with 10.6 assists allowed per game.
- The Cardinals average 36.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 120th in the NCAA. The Falcons rank 258th in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- Bowling Green ranks 27th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Ball State ranks 73rd (5.9).
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (4.5 above their season average).
- The Cardinals’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 7.7 for the season.