The Boston University Terriers (9-8, 3-1 Pat) will be at Reitz Arena to challenge the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (9-8, 1-3 Pat) in a Pat matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 13, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Boston University Terriers vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Greyhounds lost a close one to the Lafayette Leopards, 65-62, while the Terriers had no trouble getting past the Army West Point Black Knights, 81-59.
The Terriers had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 36.0 (above their season average of 27.5) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.679 (above their season average of 0.504). Loyola Maryland, on the other hand, held Lafayette to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.1 (below their season average of 24.2). Isaiah Hart had a solid game for Loyola Maryland with 21 points. Boston University, meanwhile, received a boost from Max Mahoney, who had 18 points, nine rebounds and eight assists.
The Terriers edged out the Greyhounds in this series last year, taking two out of three games. In the most recent contest, Boston University won 71-63. Boston University’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Loyola Maryland. The Terriers had a rate of 0.326, while the Greyhounds posted a mark of 0.054. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The sweet-shooting offense of Loyola Maryland (82nd in the nation with an effective field goal percentage 0.524) will face off against the mid-tier defense of Boston University (232nd in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.499). The Greyhounds figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Boston University Terriers at Loyola Maryland Greyhounds ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Over
- Loyola Maryland ranks 22nd in assists per game (16.4) while Boston University ranks 183rd (12.3).
- The Terriers rank 149th in rebounds per game (35.5) while the Greyhounds rank 188th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- Boston University ranks 33rd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Loyola Maryland ranks 68th (3.1).
- During their last five games, the Greyhounds have scored an average of 66.8 points per game (4.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (5.8 above their season average).
- The Terriers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 1.5 for the season.