The Boston University Terriers (10-10, 4-3 Pat) will be at the Hart Recreation Center to meet the Holy Cross Crusaders (3-17, 2-5 Pat) in a Pat matchup. Action begins at 2:05 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Boston University Terriers at Holy Cross Crusaders Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Crusaders barely escaped the Lehigh Mountain Hawks, 96-95, while the Terriers lost a tough one against the Navy Midshipmen, 60-58.
The Crusaders knocked down 18 of their 24 free throws (75.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.639 (above their season average of 0.498). Boston University, meanwhile, forced Navy into a turnover percentage of 22.7 (above their season average of 17.3). Matt Faw played a key role for Holy Cross with 22 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Max Mahoney had a good game for Boston University, finishing with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
The Terriers dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, Boston University won 70-60. Boston University had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (41.2 vs. 20.7). Holy Cross, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (8-9; 88.9 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Second-chance points could be rare for Holy Cross in this showdown. The Crusaders rank 234th in offensive rebounding percentage (27.0 percent), while Boston University ranks 63rd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.1 percent). Ball security should be an advantage for the Terriers. They rank 50th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent). Conversely, the Crusaders force the eighth-fewest turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 15.8 percent).
Boston University Terriers vs. Holy Cross Crusaders Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Holy Cross, ATS Winner – Holy Cross, O/U – Over
- Boston University ranks 155th in rebounds per game (35.8) while Holy Cross ranks 238th (33.4).
- The Terriers rank 172nd in assists per game (12.4) while the Crusaders rank 179th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- The Terriers rank 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Crusaders rank 98th (3.4).
- Boston University ranks 163rd in steals per game (5.7) while Holy Cross ranks 184th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- The Terriers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.0, up from 2.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crusaders have scored an average of 58.4 points per game (6.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (10.7 below their season average).