ACC foes will collide when the North Carolina State Wolfpack (18-9, 8-6 ACC) challenge the Boston College Eagles (16-11, 6-8 ACC) at PNC Arena. North Carolina State opened as an 8-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 158 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
Boston College Eagles at North Carolina State Wolfpack ATS Preview
In the Eagles last contest, they lost to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 84-67. Boston College’s Nik Popovic had 15 points and 11 rebounds in the game. Notre Dame had an effective field goal percentage of 0.776 (above their season average of 0.521). Boston College, on the other hand, held the Fighting Irish to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.5 (below their season average of 30.7).
The Wolfpack come in on a high note after defeating the Wake Forest Demon Deacons in their last matchup, 90-84. North Carolina State rallied around Omer Yurtseven, who put up 21 points, five rebounds and five blocks. North Carolina State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.322 (above their season average of 0.242) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.602 (above their season average of 0.523). Wake Forest had marks of 0.211 and 0.486, respectively, for those same stats.
The productive offense of North Carolina State will battle against the mid-tier defense of Boston College. The Wolfpack currently rank 46th in offensive efficiency, while the Eagles are 208th in defensive efficiency. The Wolfpack figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Games featuring these teams have typically gone over the O/U total. Boston College games have gone over 57.1 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of North Carolina State games have finished over. The Wolfpack have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (18-9 vs. 16-11), but the Eagles have been superior against the spread (ATS) (11-10 vs. 10-10).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Eagles, it’s been Jerome Robinson, who has averaged 30.6 points, while the Wolfpack have received solid contributions from Markell Johnson (13.6 points, 9.0 assists, 5.2 rebounds and 1.2 steals).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Eagles won the lone game played against each other last season, 74-66. The Eagles dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.333 and a turnover percentage of 18.3. The Wolfpack recorded marks of 0.241 and 21.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Boston College Eagles vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – North Carolina State, ATS Winner – North Carolina State, O/U – Over
- The Wolfpack average 16.1 assists per game, which ranks 36th in the nation. The Eagles rank 138th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- Boston College ranks 77th in rebounds per game (37.4) while North Carolina State ranks 154th in rebounds allowed per game (34.7).
- Boston College is 4-6 ATS on the road, while North Carolina State is 6-3 ATS at home.
- The Eagles have 5 unders, 4 overs and 1 push in 10 road games.
- Of the Wolfpack’s 9 home games, they have 7 overs and 2 unders.
- North Carolina State ranks 33rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while Boston College ranks 257th (25.0).
- The Wolfpack rank 24th in steals per game (7.7) while the Eagles rank 216th (4.9).
- Boston College ranks 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while North Carolina State ranks 157th (3.9).
- North Carolina State is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Boston College is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Wolfpack’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 6.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (3.4 above their season average).