ACC foes will collide when the Miami Hurricanes (19-8, 8-7 ACC) go head-to-head with the Boston College Eagles (16-12, 6-9 ACC) at Watsco Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Boston College Eagles vs. Miami Hurricanes Betting Preview
In the Eagles last outing, they lost to the North Carolina State Wolfpack, 82-66. Ky Bowman had a good game for Boston College, leading both teams in scoring with 21 points on 9-for-21 shooting. North Carolina State did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (13-17; 76.5 percent). Boston College, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5 (above their season average of 29.9).
The Hurricanes hope to keep it rolling after barely hanging on to beat the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in their last game, 77-74. With 19 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Lonnie Walker IV led Miami in scoring. The Hurricanes had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 14.8) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.612 (above their season average of 0.527).
Miami may have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this contest. The Hurricanes currently rank 313th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.197, while Boston College ranks 41st in FTA rate allowed (0.191).
These teams have already met once this season. The Eagles won 72-70. Boston College did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-19; 78.9 percent). Miami, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.8 vs. 21.4). Bowman recorded a double-double with 24 points and 12 rebounds.
Boston College Eagles at Miami Hurricanes Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Miami, ATS Winner – Miami, O/U – Over
- Miami ranks 78th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while Boston College ranks 253rd (24.9).
- The Eagles rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Hurricanes rank 100th (3.3).
- Boston College averages 37.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 73rd in the nation. Miami ranks 119th in rebounds allowed per game (34.0).
- The Hurricanes have been outscored by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Miami has defeated opponents by an average of 7.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (5.0 above their season average).