The La Salle Explorers (3-1) and the Boston College Eagles (3-1) go head-to-head in the Hall of Fame Tip-Off Naismith at Mohegan Sun Arena. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Boston College Eagles vs. La Salle Explorers Betting Preview
In the Eagles last matchup, they fell to the Texas Tech Red Raiders, 75-64. Boston Colleges Ky Bowman had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 7-for-18 shooting. Texas Tech had a turnover percentage of 13.3 (better than their season average of 17.6). Boston College, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (34.3 vs. 30.8).
The Explorers are trying to rebound after their 82-74 loss to the No. 20 Northwestern Wildcats in their last matchup. B.J. Johnson was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Northwestern had an effective field goal percentage of 0.667 (above their season average of 0.523). La Salle, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 16.8).
Second-chance opportunities might be few and far between for La Salle in this matchup. The Explorers rank 288th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.1 percent), while Boston College ranks 13th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.8 percent) since the 2016-17 season.
Boston College Eagles vs. La Salle Explorers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – La Salle, ATS Winner – La Salle, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 182nd in blocks per game (2.9) while the Explorers rank 253rd (2.2).
- Boston College ranks 153rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while La Salle ranks 212th in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- Boston College ranks 95th in assists per game (14.6) while La Salle ranks 246th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- The Eagles rank 161st in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Explorers rank 280th (33.1).
- La Salle ranks 136th in steals per game (6.4) while Boston College ranks 250th in steals allowed per game (7.3).