An eight-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the DePaul Blue Demons (8-2) when they meet the Boston College Eagles (8-2) at Wintrust Arena. Action begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Boston College Eagles at DePaul Blue Demons Betting Odds
Both teams dismantled their last opponent. The Blue Demons defeated the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 80-58, while the Eagles beat the Milwaukee Panthers 73-53.
Boston College dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.429 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9. Milwaukee was 0.138 and 27.1, respectively, for those same stats. The Blue Demons, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.386 vs. 0.097) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (52.8 vs. 40.5). Max Strus had a solid performance for DePaul, finishing with 25 points and six rebounds. Ky Bowman played a pivotal role for Boston College with 19 points and eight rebounds.
The Eagles’ Bowman has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Strus has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Blue Demons.
It could be a difficult game for Boston College on the offensive glass. The Eagles rank 181st in offensive rebounding percentage (28.3 percent), while DePaul ranks 27th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.6 percent).
Boston College at DePaul Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Boston College, ATS Winner – Boston College, O/U – Under
- DePaul averages 15.9 assists per game, which ranks 45th in the country. Boston College ranks 192nd in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- The Eagles rank third in steals allowed per game (4.4) while the Blue Demons rank 85th (6.2).
- Boston College and DePaul rank 22nd in blocks allows per game (2.0).
- The Blue Demons average 22.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 127th in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 245th in three pointers allowed per game (27.4).
- DePaul averages 39.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 36th in the nation. Boston College ranks 138th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 76.4 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (2.9 below their season average).
- The Blue Demons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.4, down from 10.9 for the season.