The Boston College Eagles (9-7, 3-2 ACC) will be at the Carrier Dome to go head-to-head against the Syracuse Orange (9-7, 2-3 ACC) in an ACC matchup. Action begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020, and can be seen on ACC Network.
Boston College Eagles at Syracuse Orange ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Orange defeated the 18th-ranked Virginia Cavaliers, 63-55, while the Eagles got blown out by the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 71-52.
Syracuse played a nearly flawless contest. They had a free throw rate of 0.180 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.426 (below their season average of 0.529). Virginia was 0.090 and 0.366, respectively, for those same stats. Boston College, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.3 vs. 19.8). Joseph Girard III had a good game for Syracuse, putting up 19 points and six rebounds. Steffon Mitchell, meanwhile played a key role for Boston College with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
The Orange dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, Syracuse won 67-56. The Orange’s 17.4 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Eagles, who had a mark of 22.4. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Syracuse should have a significant edge. The Orange defense ranks 83rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.461), while the Boston College offense is ranked 323rd in effective field goal percentage (0.459).
Boston College at Syracuse ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Syracuse, ATS Winner – Syracuse, O/U – Over
- Syracuse ranks 22nd in assists per game (16.5) while Boston College ranks 177th (12.5).
- The Eagles rank 22nd in steals per game (9.1) while the Orange rank 101st in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Syracuse ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Boston College ranks 54th (2.9).
- The Eagles rank 130th in three pointers allowed per game (21.6) while the Orange rank 274th (29.3).
- Syracuse averages 35.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 144th in the country. Boston College ranks 247th in rebounds allowed per game (39.0).
- The Orange’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 59.8 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (1.0 below their season average).