The Boston Celtics (16-2) visit AmericanAirlines Arena to clash against the Miami Heat (7-9). The Celtics will attempt to continue their 16-game winning streak. Boston is a 3-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 196 points. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Sun.
Boston Celtics at Miami Heat ATS Preview
The Celtics beat the Dallas Mavericks in their last matchup, 110-102. Kyrie Irving was the games high scorer with 47 points on 16-for-22 shooting. The Celtics made 21 of their 26 free throws (80.8 percent) and held the Mavericks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.443 (below their season average of 0.493).
In the Heats last matchup, they were beaten by the Indiana Pacers, 120-95. Wayne Ellington was Miamis high scorer with 21 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Indiana had an effective field goal percentage of 0.665 (above their season average of 0.533). Miami, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (12-14; 85.7 percent).
Miami might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they clash against one of the leagues best defenses. Boston ranks first in defensive efficiency, while the Heat rank 26th in offensive efficiency. Moreover, the Celtics rank fifth in turnover percentage (13.9 percent), while the Heat rank 23rd in opponents turnover percentage (14.0 percent).
Of Bostons 18 games, 11 have finished under the O/U total, while 8 of Miamis 16 games have finished under the projected point total. The Celtics come into this game with a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 16-2 SU and 15-2-1 ATS, while the Heat are 7-9 SU and 5-9-2 ATS.
Jaylen Brown has been impressive over the last five games for Boston, averaging 18.2 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.8 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 186 points, well under the projected point total of 204. The Celtics won 96-90, covering as 1-point favorites. The Celtics played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.5 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.4. For those same stats, the Heat were 18.1 and 16.7, respectively. In the victory, Irving led all scorers with 24 points.
Boston Celtics at Miami Heat Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Under
- The Heat rank 15th in points in the paint per game (43.1) while the Celtics rank 25th (38.4).
- Miami ranks second in assists allowed per game (18.5) while Boston ranks sixth (20.6).
- Miami ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (31.8) while Boston ranks 10th (30.8).
- Boston is 9-1 ATS on the road with 6 unders and 4 overs.
- At home, Miami is 0-6-2 ATS with 4 overs and 4 unders.
- Miami is 4-3 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Boston is 13-0.
- The Heat are 4-4 when they reach 100 points, while the Celtics are 11-1.
- The Heat average 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. The Celtics rank 16th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Boston ranks first in second chance points allowed per game (9.4) while Miami ranks 20th (13.4).
- The Celtics rank second in steals allowed per game (6.6) while the Heat rank 19th (8.4).
- The Celtics rank fourth in fast break points allowed per game (8.6) while the Heat rank seventh (9.3).
- Boston averages 47.8 rebounds per game, which ranks third in the NBA. Miami ranks 20th in rebounds allowed per game (44.6).
- Miami is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Boston is 5-0 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Heats average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 2.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 103.2 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 97.0 points per game (2.2 above their season average).