The Orlando Magic (6-3) will try to put an end to the seven-game winning streak of Boston when they welcome the Celtics (7-2) to Amway Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 207.5 points with Boston set as a 3-point favorite. Action begins at at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 5, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Boston Celtics at Orlando Magic Free Preview
The last time the Celtics played, they were victorious over the Oklahoma City Thunder, 101-94. Kyrie Irving led Boston in scoring with 25 points on 10-for-22 shooting. Boston played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.190 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 9.6 (better than their season average of 12.7). For those same stats, Oklahoma City was 0.126 and 11.4, respectively.
The Magic are hoping to rebound after their 105-83 loss to the Chicago Bulls in their last game. Evan Fournier was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 9-for-17 shooting. One of Chicago’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 11-12 (91.7 percent), while the Magic were just 3-5 (60.0 percent).
Boston could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Orlando ranks sixth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.2 percent), while Boston has forced the 19th-most turnovers (13.7 percent). Additionally, the Celtics rank fifth in offensive efficiency (109.0), while the Magic rank 22nd in defensive efficiency (108.0).
Boston games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of games involving Orlando have gone under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Celtics have a clear advantage. They are 7-2 SU and 8-1 ATS, while the Magic are 6-3 SU and 5-4 ATS.
The Celtics won all three matchups against the Magic last season. In the last contest, the Celtics won 117-87. The Celtics played a flawless game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.5 and a solid free throw rate of 0.286. For those same stats, the Magic were 17.4 and 0.198, respectively.
Boston Celtics vs. Orlando Magic ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Celtics rank 16th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.0) while the Magic rank 25th (47.1).
- Orlando ranks 17th in rebounds per game (43.2) while Boston ranks 25th (41.8).
- Boston ranks 17th in points off turnovers per game (16.2) while Orlando ranks 25th (15.2).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Boston is 33-2 and Orlando is 18-7.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Celtics are 60-23 and the Magic are 29-24.
- The Magic average 12.2 second chance points per game, which ranks 16th in the league. The Celtics rank 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Boston ranks third in assists per game (25.3) while Orlando ranks 21st in assists allowed per game (23.6).
- The Celtics rank third in three pointers attempted per game (33.3) while the Magic rank 17th (26.4).
- The Celtics average 12.1 fast break points per game, which ranks 13th in the league. The Magic rank 19th in fast break points allowed per game (12.8).
- Orlando ranks 12th in blocks per game (4.9) while Boston ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.1).