The Boston Celtics (4-1), 5.5-point favorites, will travel to Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse to square off against the Cleveland Cavaliers (2-4). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 213.5 points and it gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Boston Celtics vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Odds
Neither team was able to cover in their last game. The Celtics (9-point favorites) beat the New York Knicks, 104-102, while the Cavaliers (5.5-point underdogs) fell to the Dallas Mavericks, 131-111. The Boston game finished 6 points under the projected point total of 212, while the Cleveland game finished 23 points over the projected point total of 219.
The Celtics knocked down 27 of their 29 free throws (93.1 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.520 (above their season average of 0.479). Cleveland, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 7.8 (better than their season average of 13.9). Cleveland’s Kevin Love led the way, putting up 29 points and eight rebounds. Boston was lifted by Kemba Walker, who recorded 33 points, six rebounds and five assists.
The Celtics dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in all four contests. In the last contest, Boston won 116-106. Boston’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Celtics had 11 offensive rebounds and 46 total rebounds, while the Cavaliers had three and 36, respectively.
Matchups including the Celtics tend to finish under the total (80.0 percent). Boston comes into the game with records of 4-1 straight up (SU) and 3-2 against the spread (ATS).
There does not appear to be a trend for games including the Cavaliers in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Additionally, Cleveland is 2-4 SU and 3-2-1 ATS.
The inefficient offense of Cleveland will battle against the top-notch defense of Boston. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Cavaliers rank 22nd in offensive efficiency, while the Celtics are fifth in defensive efficiency. The Celtics should have the advantage on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Celtics rank third in turnover percentage (12.3 percent), while the Cavaliers rank 26th in opponents’ turnover percentage (12.2 percent).
Boston Celtics vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Free Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Cavaliers rank 12th in second chance points per game (13.4) while the Celtics rank 25th (12.1).
- Boston ranks second in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while Cleveland ranks 26th (5.6).
- The Celtics rank seventh in fast break points per game (16.0) while the Cavaliers rank 28th (10.5).
- Boston ranks ninth in assists per game (25.6) while Cleveland ranks 29th (20.8).
- Boston ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (45.3) while Cleveland ranks 23rd (50.2).
- The Celtics rank sixth in points off turnovers per game (17.8) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (14.2).
- The Celtics rank sixth in three pointers attempted per game (34.4) while the Cavaliers rank 25th (29.5).
- Boston ranks 18th in rebounds per game (44.9) while Cleveland ranks 25th (42.9).
- Boston ranks seventh in steals per game (8.3) while Cleveland ranks 28th (6.5).
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Cleveland is 7-4 and Boston is 21-4.
- When reaching 100 points, the Cavaliers are 19-36 and the Celtics are 56-27.