The Boston Celtics (14-2) head to Philips Arena to square off against the Atlanta Hawks (3-12). The Celtics will try to continue their 14-game winning streak. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 203.5 points with Boston opening as a 6.5-point favorite. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Boston Celtics at Atlanta Hawks Betting Preview
In the Celtics last matchup, they defeated the Golden State Warriors, 92-88. Jaylen Brown was Boston’s high scorer with 22 points on 7-for-18 shooting. Boston dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.418 (above their season average of 0.216) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.9 (below their season average of 24.4). Golden State was 0.146 and 13.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The Hawks come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the Sacramento Kings in their last game, 126-80. Atlanta rallied around Dewayne Dedmon, who had 20 points, 14 rebounds and five assists. The Hawks, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.505, had an absurd mark of 0.734 and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 20.4).
The ineffective offense of Atlanta will battle against the top-notch defense of Boston. The Hawks rank 23rd in offensive efficiency, while the Celtics are first in defensive efficiency. The Celtics should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Of Boston’s 16 games, 11 have finished under the projected point total, while 7 of Atlanta’s 15 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Celtics have a substantial advantage. They are 14-2 SU and 13-2-1 ATS, while the Hawks are 3-12 SU and 7-7-1 ATS.
Dedmon has been playing at a high level recently for Atlanta, averaging 14.2 points and 8.4 rebounds over the last five games.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 217 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 204.5. The Celtics won 110-107, covering as 7.5-point underdogs. The Celtics played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.4 and a free throw rate of 0.222. The Hawks had marks of 12.5 and 0.198, respectively, for those same stats. In the victory, Kyrie Irving led all scorers with 35 points.
Boston Celtics vs. Atlanta Hawks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Under
- The Celtics rank sixth in assists allowed per game (20.6) while the Hawks rank 27th (25.3).
- Boston ranks third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while Atlanta ranks 18th (18.1).
- Boston ranks fourth in fast break points allowed per game (8.4) while Atlanta ranks 22nd (11.6).
- Boston is 7-1 ATS on the road, while Atlanta is 3-2 ATS at home.
- The Celtics have 6 unders and 2 overs in 8 road games.
- The Hawks have 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push in 5 home games.
- Boston is 12-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Atlanta is 1-1.
- The Hawks are 3-8 when they score over 100 points, while the Celtics are 9-1.
- The Celtics rank third in second chance points allowed per game (9.4) while the Hawks rank 20th (13.3).
- Boston ranks first in steals allowed per game (6.5) while Atlanta ranks 24th (8.8).
- The Celtics rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.0) while the Hawks rank 27th (32.8).
- The Hawks rank 21st in points in the paint per game (41.3) while the Celtics rank 26th (38.6).
- Boston ranks second in rebounds per game (47.9) while Atlanta ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- Atlanta is 4-1 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Boston is 4-0-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 3.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Atlanta has lost by an average of 4.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 98.6 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 93.4 points per game (0.7 below their season average).