The Boise State Broncos (19-10, 11-6 MWC) will bring the regular season to an end on the road when they clash against the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (15-14, 10-6 MWC) at Thomas & Mack Center. The game starts at 11 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Boise State Broncos vs. UNLV Runnin’ Rebels ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Runnin’ Rebels won a close one over the fourth-ranked San Diego State Aztecs 66-63, while the Broncos were victorious over the New Mexico Lobos 74-61.
The Broncos, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.5, had a ridiculous mark of 37.1, while the Lobos had a turnover percentage of 25.0 (above their season average of 17.5). Meanwhile, UNLV’s 14.8 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over San Diego State, who had a mark of 16.1. The Runnin’ Rebels’ mark was better than their season average of 16.8. UNLV’s Bryce Hamilton had a solid performance, putting up 11 points and 10 rebounds. Boise State was led by RJ Williams, who put up 27 points and 17 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Derrick Alston Jr. led the Broncos to a 73-66 victory. He registered a double-double with 26 points and 10 rebounds. One of Boise State’s biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 31 free throw attempts, while UNLV had 19.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the NCAA’s top rebounding teams square off. The Runnin’ Rebels rank 23rd in offensive rebounding percentage (34.5 percent), while Boise State ranks ninth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.6 percent).
Boise State at UNLV Free Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Unlv, ATS Winner – Boise State, O/U – Under
- UNLV ranks 38th in rebounds per game (38.9) while Boise State ranks 208th (34.2).
- The Broncos rank 131st in assists per game (13.2) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 206th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Broncos rank 70th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 222nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- Boise State ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while UNLV ranks 123rd (3.4).
- The Broncos’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 7.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Rebels have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (2.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (2.1 below their season average).