MWC foes will collide when the Colorado State Rams (11-17, 4-11 MWC) challenge the Boise State Broncos (21-6, 11-4 MWC) at Moby Arena. Boise State opened as an 8-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 145 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 21, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Boise State Broncos at Colorado State Rams Odds Preview
The Broncos easily got past the Air Force Falcons in their last outing, 76-52. With 11 points and 10 rebounds, Boise State’s Chandler Hutchison put together a solid game. The Broncos held the Falcons to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.1 (below their season average of 29.5) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.660 (above their season average of 0.546).
In the Rams’ last matchup, they were blown out by the Fresno State Bulldogs, 86-65. With 14 points and 11 rebounds, Nico Carvacho played well for Colorado State. Fresno State’s 11.1 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Colorado State, who had a mark of 16.2. The Bulldogs’ mark was better than their season average of 15.2.
Colorado State might struggle to put up points as they clash against one of the nation’s best defenses. Boise State currently ranks 22nd in defensive efficiency, while the Rams rank 258th in offensive efficiency.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Boise State games have gone under 57.7 percent of the time, while games including Colorado State have finished over 62.5 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Broncos have a sizable advantage. They are 21-6 SU and 14-12 ATS, while the Rams are 11-17 SU and 8-14-2 ATS.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Broncos, it’s been Christian Sengfelder, who has averaged 12.8 points and 7.2 rebounds, while the Rams have gotten great contributions from Carvacho (15.0 points and 14.0 rebounds).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 164 points, well over the projected point total of 139.5. The Broncos won 93-71, covering as 11-point favorites. The Broncos played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.635. The Rams had marks of 25.0 and 0.459, respectively, for those same stats. Hutchison was the game’s leading scorer with 24 points.
Boise State Broncos at Colorado State Rams ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Boise State, ATS Winner – Boise State, O/U – Under
- The Rams rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Broncos rank 80th (3.1).
- Colorado State is 5-4-2 ATS at home, while Boise State is 6-6 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 8 of the Broncos’ 12 road games, while 6 of the Rams’ 11 home games have gone under.
- Boise State averages 25.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 52nd in the NCAA. Colorado State ranks 281st in three pointers allowed per game (26.1).
- The Broncos rank 15th in rebounds allowed per game (30.5) while the Rams rank 187th (35.6).
- Boise State ranks 82nd in assists allowed per game (12.4) while Colorado State ranks 237th (15.5).
- Colorado State is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Boise State is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Rams’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 75.8 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (4.2 above their season average).