It will be a showdown between two sensational offenses when the Air Force Falcons (8-9, 2-3 MWC) challenge the Boise State Broncos (11-7, 3-3 MWC) at Clune Arena. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Boise State Broncos at Air Force Falcons ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Falcons were beaten by the New Mexico Lobos, 84-78, while the Broncos were blown out by the seventh-ranked San Diego State Aztecs, 83-65.
Boise State had a better free throw rate (0.271 vs. 0.203) while Air Force had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.2 (above their season average of 22.5). Air Force was lifted by Lavelle Scottie, who recorded 26 points and nine rebounds. RJ Williams, meanwhile led the way for Boise State, recording 16 points and nine rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Broncos won the last contest 80-52. Boise State out-rebounded Air Force. The Broncos had more offensive rebounds (8 vs. 3), defensive rebounds (27 vs. 19) and total rebounds (35 vs. 22). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Air Force could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their sweet-shooting offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the country. The Falcons rank sixth in effective field goal percentage (0.564), while Boise State ranks 270th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.508). Ball security should be an advantage for the Broncos. They rank 54th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.2 percent), while the Falcons force the 53rd-fewest turnovers in the NCAA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 17.7 percent).
Boise State Broncos at Air Force Falcons Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Air Force, ATS Winner – Boise State, O/U – Under
- Boise State averages 23.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 94th in the country. Air Force ranks 251st in three pointers allowed per game (26.1).
- The Broncos rank 159th in assists per game (12.8) while the Falcons rank 183rd in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- The Broncos rank 171st in rebounds per game (34.8) while the Falcons rank 254th (32.0).
- Boise State ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Air Force ranks 51st (2.8).
- During their last five games, the Falcons have scored an average of 80.2 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (0.3 below their season average).
- The Broncos’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 7.1 for the season.