The Wyoming Cowboys (4-9) welcome the Boise State Broncos (5-8) to Arena-Auditorium. The Broncos can snap a five-game road losing streak. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Boise State Broncos at Wyoming Cowboys ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Cowboys fell to the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos, 76-66, while the Broncos lost a tough one against the Idaho State Bengals, 72-70.
Boise State had a better turnover percentage (11.1 vs. 15.3) while Wyoming had a much better turnover percentage (11.4 vs. 23.4). Wyoming was led by Justin James, who had 20 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, RJ Williams played a key role for Boise State with 15 points and six rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last game, the Broncos won 95-87. Getting to the free throw line was one of Boise State’s biggest strengths. They made 34 trips to the line, while Wyoming went 22 times. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
James has been exceptional recently for Wyoming, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
It will be a showdown of conflicting styles as the up-tempo Cowboys (ranked 30th in the country in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Broncos (325th in possessions per game).
Boise State Broncos at Wyoming Cowboys Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Wyoming, ATS Winner – Boise State, O/U – Under
- Boise State ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (30.3) while Wyoming ranks 221st (38.8).
- The Broncos rank 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Cowboys rank 44th (3.5).
- The Broncos rank 43rd in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Cowboys rank 151st (14.5).
- Wyoming ranks 69th in three pointers attempted per game (21.3) while Boise State ranks 99th in three pointers allowed per game (21.6).
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (2.2 above their season average).
- The Broncos’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 2.0 for the season.