The Vermont Catamounts (20-6, 10-1 AmEast) and the Binghamton Bearcats (8-16, 2-9 AmEast) square off at Roy L Patrick Gymnasium. The Catamounts have won their last 10 games, while the Bearcats have lost five games in a row. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Binghamton Bearcats at Vermont Catamounts Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Catamounts won big over the New Hampshire Wildcats, 74-50, while the Bearcats were beaten by the Stony Brook Seawolves, 75-70.
Vermont dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.264 (above their season average of 0.218) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.566 (above their season average of 0.509). For those same stats, New Hampshire was 0.161 and 0.366, respectively. Binghamton, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 6.6 (better than their season average of 16.6). Anthony Lamb played well for Vermont with 12 points and 13 rebounds. Sam Sessoms had a solid performance for Binghamton, putting up 22 points, seven assists and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Ben Shungu led the Catamounts to a 72-53 win. He produced 12 points and five rebounds. Vermont’s 0.145 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Binghamton, who had a rate of 0.052.
Vermont figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Catamounts currently rank 99th in offensive efficiency, while the Bearcats rank 338th in defensive efficiency.
Binghamton Bearcats at Vermont Catamounts Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Vermont, ATS Winner – Vermont, O/U – Under
- Vermont ranks 72nd in rebounds allowed per game (33.0) while Binghamton ranks 269th (38.7).
- The Catamounts rank 29th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Bearcats rank 70th (3.0).
- The Catamounts rank 24th in assists allowed per game (10.2) while the Bearcats rank 206th (14.3).
- Binghamton ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (29.9) while Vermont ranks 147th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7).
- The Catamounts’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.8, up from 11.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bearcats have scored an average of 64.0 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (2.2 below their season average).