The UMBC Retrievers (14-14, 7-6 AmEast) welcome the Binghamton Bearcats (9-18, 3-11 AmEast) to UMBC Event Center. The Retrievers will attempt to continue their five-game winning streak. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Binghamton Bearcats vs. UMBC Retrievers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Retrievers barely escaped the Vermont Catamounts, 66-64, while the Bearcats lost a tough one against the Hartford Hawks, 75-74.
The Retrievers made 12 of their 14 free throws (85.7 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.692 (above their season average of 0.502). Binghamton, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 6.7 (better than their season average of 16.2). K.J. Jackson had a good game for UMBC, putting up 18 points. Binghamton, meanwhile, was led by Sam Sessoms, who had 22 points and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Brenton Mills led the Bearcats to a 79-75 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 22 points. Converting at the free throw line was one of Binghamton’s biggest strengths. They were 18-21 (85.7 percent), while the Retrievers were just 9-17 (52.9 percent).
The Bearcats’ Sessoms has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 19 points,6.4 assists,5.2 rebounds,2.0 steals per game. Meanwhile, Brandon Horvath has averaged 11 points,10.4 rebounds,1.2 steals during that same time frame for the Retrievers.
UMBC may have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this matchup. The Retrievers rank 269th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.203, while Binghamton ranks 56th in FTA rate allowed (0.188).
Binghamton vs. UMBC Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UMBC, ATS Winner – UMBC, O/U – Under
- Binghamton ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (29.0) while UMBC ranks 255th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- The Retrievers rank 128th in rebounds allowed per game (34.7) while the Bearcats rank 267th (39.0).
- UMBC ranks 151st in assists per game (12.9) while Binghamton ranks 216th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- The Retrievers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.6, up from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bearcats have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (2.2 above their season average).