The top-ranked Michigan State Spartans (0-1) get their home schedule underway at Jack Breslin Student Events Center against the Binghamton Bearcats (0-1). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 10, 2019.
Binghamton Bearcats vs. Michigan State Spartans Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Spartans fell to the second-ranked Kentucky Wildcats, 69-62, while the Bearcats were blown out by the Cornell Big Red, 84-64.
Binghamton had a better effective field goal percentage (0.491 vs. 0.573) while Michigan State had a better offensive rebounding percentage (21.9 vs. 17.9). Michigan State received a boost from Cassius Winston, who contributed 21 points. Pierre Sarr fueled Binghamton with 16 points.
The high-octane offense of Michigan State will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Binghamton. Since the 2018-19 season, the Spartans rank 13th in offensive efficiency, while the Bearcats are 310th in defensive efficiency. The Spartans figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. Also, the Bearcats rank 350th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.157), while the Spartans rank 50th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.193).
Binghamton Bearcats vs. Michigan State Spartans Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Michigan State, ATS Winner – Michigan State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Michigan State ranks third in assists per game (18.2) while Binghamton ranks 308th (9.9).
- The Spartans average 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks seventh in the country. The Bearcats rank 86th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- Binghamton averages 23.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 100th in the NCAA. Michigan State ranks 179th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- The Spartans average 40.3 rebounds per game, which ranks ninth in the NCAA. The Bearcats rank 286th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- Michigan State ranks 141st in steals allowed per game (6.2) while Binghamton ranks 225th (6.9).