AmEast foes will collide when the Hartford Hawks (9-8, 2-1 AmEast) square off against the Binghamton Bearcats (9-8, 0-2 AmEast) at Chase Family Arena. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Binghamton Bearcats vs. Hartford Hawks Free Preview
The last time the Bearcats played, they lost to the New Hampshire Wildcats, 71-67. Binghamton’s Willie Rodriguez had a good performance, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-11 shooting. New Hampshire held the Bearcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.3 (below their season average of 27.3). Binghamton, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 16.8).
The Hawks will look to maintain momentum after beating the Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks in their last outing, 84-73. With 24 points on 9-for-16 shooting, John Carroll was the games leading scorer. Hartford dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 18.6 (worse than their season average of 17.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.595 (above their season average of 0.526). Massachusetts-Lowell had marks of 22.2 and 0.546, respectively, for those same stats
Binghamton could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their sharp-shooting offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Bearcats rank 53rd in effective field goal percentage (0.551), while Hartford ranks 258th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.520).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the last matchup, the Hawks won 76-69. Hartford was effective at getting and making free throws. The Hawks made 32 of their 37 free throws (86.5 percent), while the Bearcats were 18-24 (75.0 percent).
Binghamton Bearcats vs. Hartford Hawks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Binghamton, ATS Winner – Binghamton, O/U – Under
- The Hawks rank 220th in rebounds per game (33.4) while the Bearcats rank 227th (33.1).
- Binghamton ranks sixth in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while Hartford ranks 89th (3.5).
- The Bearcats rank 40th in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while the Hawks rank 117th (21.6).
- Binghamton ranks 44th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Hartford ranks 100th (6.4).
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Hartford has lost by an average of 1.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Bearcats have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (3.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (4.7 above their season average).