The CSUN Matadors (1-3) and the Binghamton Bearcats (1-4) go head-to-head in the Cancun Challenge – Mayan Division at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. Tip-off is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Binghamton Bearcats vs. CSUN Matadors Free Preview
The Bearcats fell to the Montana State Bobcats in their last matchup, 74-64. Fard Muhammad put together a solid performance for Binghamton, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 5-for-9 shooting. Montana State did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (20-23; 87.0 percent). Binghamton, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.585 (above their season average of 0.534).
In the Matadors last matchup, they were beaten by the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks, 74-59. With 14 points and nine rebounds, Micheal Warren played well for CSUN. Southeast Missouri State held the Matadors to an effective field goal percentage of 0.379 (below their season average of 0.517). CSUN, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (12-17; 70.6 percent).
It will be a matchup of conflicting styles as the up-tempo Matadors will look to push the more grind-it-out Bearcats. Since last season, the Matadors rank 50th in possessions per game while the Bearcats are 289th.
Binghamton Bearcats vs. CSUN Matadors Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – CSUN, ATS Winner – CSUN, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Matadors average 13.3 assists per game, which ranks 181st in the nation. The Bearcats rank 229th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Binghamton averages 3.0 blocks per game, which ranks 179th in the nation. CSUN ranks 191st in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Binghamton ranks 156th in three pointers attempted per game (21.3) while CSUN ranks 327th (14.4).
- The Matadors rank 105th in steals per game (6.7) while the Bearcats rank 232nd (5.3).
- CSUN ranks 202nd in rebounds per game (35.2) while Binghamton ranks 295th (32.6).